Prepare A Morocco’s Express Lunch or Business Dinner
The time has come to plan a business lunch and dinner. Moroccos Restaurant has been hosting them for years and this explains why we are a favorite venue for business meetings. Our intent is very simple : whether you are joining us to close the deal, celebrate or recognize fellow partners, or just discuss and learn more about a potential new client – we want your guests to be impressed. Not only, will they be introduced to a sensational gastronomical experience and a delicate cuisine, but they will also be treated with respect and diligence. Our entire team is here to serve you with Morocco’s Express Lunch and Business Dinner.
For the sake of your event’s logistics, for parties of 10+, menu selections are highly recommended ahead of event time for item availability and practicality.
Rest assured that should you have guests with specific dieatry needs (Vegetarians, vegans, allergies etc.. ), that we will customize the menu for those selected few at no extra costs.
Tastings are available when your party size is 30+
Some tips for a smooth and enhanced business lunch/dinner experience at Moroccos Restaurant Mountain View :
- Dress in business attire and arrive on time or, if you proposed the idea, 10 minutes early. If you initiated the lunch or dinner meeting, speak with the host or your server about your table, making sure it’s ready. Request that the bill be given directly to you or offer your credit card before your party arrives.
- Offer a little small chat. Recall important details such as spouses’ and children’s names, birthdays or major life events. Keep the talk positive and light. Steer clear of touchy subjects such as religion, politics or gossip.
- Order confidently a medium-priced menu item or a special, if you’re a regular to the establishment. Place your napkin on your lap.
- Turn your fork upside down on the rim of your plate when you’re finished with a course. This signals the waiter for service. Be kind and courteous to the wait staff.
- Place only papers on the table, never your briefcase. Wait to show necessary papers until after the main course, since documents could be spoiled or ruined during the meal.
- Thank all attendees and present a confident and expectant air, even if the meeting didn’t seem successful to you. If further meetings are necessary, ask for or offer a phone call to arrange the date, time and location. This alleviates pressure and allows you to continue on with your next order of business.
Never order for your business associate. If they ask for help ordering or seem uncomfortably indecisive you can recommend something you may have previously tried or ask the waiter to help with a suggestion.
When the waiter arrives at the table defer to your associate and let them order first.
In a business setting, tipping is not optional. Consider tipping mandatory when it comes to business entertaining expenses. Even if service is substandard still leave at least some tip.
When entertaining a business client it is important to tip an amount appropriate to the level and type of service. Tipping too much without merit is an insincere gesture that is not likely to impress your client. Over tipping is an emotional decision to a business transaction. In a private setting that is fine; in a business setting all your meal transactions should reflect business.
Resolving Problems with Bad Service
As much as Moroccos Restaurant Mountain View strives to provide impeccable service, like in a business situation, unpredictable things do occur : If it is necessary to complain about the meal or service, remember that how you complain could make or break your business deal. Making a scene in public over a cold entree might get you to have it waived from your bill, but it is not going to seal your business deal.
Instead of viewing bad service at a restaurant as a problem seize it as an opportunity to impress your business associate with your ability to remain calm, take charge, and handle a situation with finesse. Do not let bad service reflect poorly on you but ignoring the problem.
Who Pays the Bill for a Business Lunch or Dinner?
If you invite someone to lunch or dinner to discuss business you should always expect to pay. If an associate invites you to discuss giving you their business or investing in yours, you should at least offer to pay the bill. If the associates says they will pay, you should offer to at least pay your half and just leave it at that. Never fight over a bill if someone else offers to pay; you can counter once, and then after that simply thank the person paying for the generosity and offer to pick up the tab the next time.
Always bring a credit card to pay for the meal, or, if you are paying in cash, bring twice the amount of cash that you expect the lunch to cost.
Business Lunch and Dinner Tip:
Treat restaurants as an extension of your office and the restaurant staff with the same respect and courtesy you would give to your own employees.
I hope you did find these items helpful, we wish you great luck and success in all your business actions and we hope that you will find reasons again and again to make Moroccos Restaurant Mountain View your preferred venue to invite people that are important to you.
We are also happy to count among our lunch regulars guests from Palo Alto, Stanford, Campbell, San Jose, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Los altos and Los Altos Hills.